We are always looking for new people to join us on a life-changing journey to build a social movement for animal freedom!
Purpose Driven Organisation
We are dedicated to the cause of animal freedom, and we plan to build a mass movement to transform society. We are looking for amazing people to help us change the world.
Who We’re Looking For
Over the next two years, we hope to grow into a team of 30 people in a variety of roles. Right now, we’re recruiting in areas like Movement Culture, Movement Governance, Movement Narrative, Movement Strategy, People/HR, Website Management, Office Management, Social Media & Email Marketing, Branding & Design, and Fundraising.
We’re looking for people who are:
- Dedicated to animal freedom and aligned with our values
- Humble, emotionally intelligent and excellent team players
- Disciplined in thought and action
- Open-minded, and eager to grow both personally and professionally
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of initiative
- Strong written and spoken communicators
We are particularly looking for full-time members to join our team, but we also welcome part-time and casual volunteers to get in touch.
HOW WE WORK
Animal Think Tank is not structured like a typical organisation. We practice sociocracy, which means that individuals have more autonomy and more responsibility in their work. We don’t have ‘bosses’ who tell us what to do but we do take guidance from others and follow through on what we agree on, we all take part in the decisions in our respective teams.
As part of our commitment to building a team of leaders, we are investing heavily in training and mentoring our members, we host many internal trainings and all full-time members will get a self-directed training budget to invest in improved knowledge, skills, or personal growth.
We seek to be intentional in creating our culture and are working to build a culture which is:
- Self-managing – everyone has personal autonomy and responsibility to do their work the way they want to, with guidance and support. We are self-directed and proactive.
- Open-minded – we are receptive to a wide variety of ideas, arguments and information and value the ability to view things from others’ perspectives
- Growth-oriented – we are passionate about continuous personal and professional learning and growth
- Blame-free – we ‘give it a whirl’ and have the freedom to fail, we know mistakes are integral to learning
- Caring and empathetic – we care about and support each other and strive to treat everyone with empathy, compassion and kindness, even those we disagree with
- Empowering – we support people to realise their full potential and step fully into their power, and build shared power through collaboration and relationship
- Collaborative – we work collaboratively both within ATT and the wider movement. All of us are needed to win.
- Audacious – we dare to think big and act like anything is possible
- Fearless – we know greatness is not found our comfort zones
- Self-aware and reflective – we value self-awareness, emotional intelligence and reflection – we own our emotions
- Effective and impact-oriented – we focus on doing the right thing and doing it well – we ‘go slow to go fast’
As a social movement organisation with limited funds, we don’t offer salaries in the traditional sense. However, the work we do at ATT offers an incredible opportunity rarely found in any traditional job: the chance to massively transform the world for animals. Of course, we recognise that our members need funds to live. As such, we offer limited pay and pension funding to members based on need, which is enough for most people to live a simple yet comfortable life. More information can be found in our Volunteer Grants Policy.
The majority of our team is based in Lancaster, UK, with our office located at White Cross Business Park. We chose to build Animal Think Tank in Lancaster due to the city’s progressive roots, rich culture and history, national reputation and affordability. We expect new members to be based in Lancaster, although rare exceptions may be made for exceptional people.
If you are interested in joining us, you may want to engage with some of the books which have influenced our thinking in the Animal Think Tank Reading List.
Get in Touch
We are always looking for good people, so please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org